WSU - Men's Cross Country Places 10th at GLIAC Championships
Provided by WSU
BIG RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Wayne State University men's cross country team finished 10th out of 14 institutions with 314 points at the GLIAC Championships, hosted by Ferris State University, on Saturday morning at Katke Golf Course.
- Redshirt senior Irvin Wyche (Chesterfield, Mich. / L'Anse Creuse) was first to finish for the Green and Gold on the 8k course in 45th place with a season-best time of 26:40, while senior Andrew Nelson (Armada, Mich. / Romeo) recorded a 71st-place finish (27:31.1).
- Redshirt junior Kevin Salter (Macomb, Mich. / Utica Eisenhower) posted a personal best (27:39.6) to earn 77th place, and freshman Ryan Mangulabnan (Livonia, Mich. / Dearborn Divine Child) finished 88th with a time of 28:07.4.
- Senior Sawyer Smith (Flushing, Mich.) garnered a 94th-place finish (28:26.1), while redshirt freshman Dillon Smith (Rochester Hills, Mich. / Rochester) crossed the finish line in 99th place with a personal record (28:56.2).
- Freshman Alex Put (Sterling Heights, Mich.) finished the race with a personal best time of 29:33.3.
- After a two week break, WSU will travel to Evansville, Ind. for the 2016 NCAA Midwest Regional on Nov. 5 at Angel Mounds.