WSU Men's Cross Country Places Fourth at Titan Invitational
Provided by WSU
NORTHVILLE – The Wayne State University men's cross country program placed fourth out of seven teams with 79 points at the 29th Annual Running Fit-Detroit Titan Invitational on Saturday. Five Warriors placed in the top-25 out of 71 runners in the four-mile race with three returners posting new personal bests.
• Junior Andrew Nelson (Armada, Mich. / Romeo) led WSU with a career high of ninth place. He crossed the finish with a personal best of 21:07.20.
• Graduate student Lucas Copi (St. Joseph, Mich. / Lake Michigan Catholic) posted a time of 21:16.80 to finish 13th, while senior Joey Gerow (Romeo, Mich.) recorded a 18th-place finish (21:32.70) and classmate Tim Szymanski (Macomb, Mich. / Dakota) was on his heels, placed 19th with a time of 21:34.60.
• Sophomore Kevin Salter (Macomb, Mich. / Utica Eisenhower) garnered a personal record with a time of 21:43.60, finishing 23rd and senior Ruben Cardenas (Ionia, Mich.) posted a time of 21:57.70.
• Freshmen Jeremiah Jean (Sterling Heights, Mich. / Utica Academy of International Studies), Zechariah Jean (Sterling Heights, Mich. / Utica Academy of International Studies) and Dominic Davis (Southgate, Mich. / Wyandotte Roosevelt) finished with times of 22:12.00, 22:52.00 and 23:46.20, respectively.
• Wayne State will travel to East Lansing to compete in the Spartan Invitational next Saturday, Sept. 19 at Forest Akers East Golf Course. The women will begin at 11:50 a.m. with the men starting at 12:20 p.m.