April 24, 2021- Saturday
2021 Shepherd Maple Syrup 5K
Flat and fast courses around Shepherd during the Maple Syrup Festival. In 2021 there will only be 5k run and 5k non competitive walk. Events will be chip timed in 2021. Due to issues with the Covid-19 pandemic we will not be contesting a 10k or Fun Run in 2021.
The 2021 Race will have a few changes to make sure that all of our workers and participants are safe.
- The race will start and potentially finish in different or slightly different locations. Will communicate as soon as finalized.
- There will be 12 waves of up to 50 starting every 5 minutes, planning to start at 8am, but could move to 7:30am. Will communicate as soon as finalized.
- Participants will only be admitted into the starting area if they are within 10 minutes of their start time.
- Enter an estimated 5k time and wave assignments will be made to avoid passing from wave to wave.
- We ask that once participants finish they clip their own chip off and physically distance from other participants as they exit the facility.
- Participants must wear a mask at all shared areas and at the start of the race. Once they are into the race and away from others the mask may be removed.
- Once participants finish they must put their mask back on.
***Please Note: Race giveaways (race shirt, and commemorative glass) are guaranteed for everyone who registers by 3/26/21. After this date giveaways will be given out in order of registration until gone. Once supply is gone they will be unavailable. To guarantee giveaways be registered by 3/26/21. As shirt sizes become unavailable they will not show up for you to select. Once sizes are gone they are unavailable. Select a size that is still available or select "no shirt" when you register. Thank you for understanding.
Race Divisions: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 and over.
Packet pickup will be available at the Shepherd High School track complex on Friday as it has in the past.
Friday Pick Up - 2pm to 6pm
Saturday Pick Up - 7am to 8:30am
Created on: 3-6-21 5:22:25