WSU - Women's Cross Country Finishes Ninth at GLIAC Championships
Provided by WSU
BIG RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Wayne State University women's cross country squad placed ninth out of 15 institutions with 242 points at the GLIAC Championships, hosted by Ferris State University, on Saturday morning at Katke Golf Course.
- Redshirt senior Kristen Long (Durand, Mich.) led the Warriors on the 6k course with a 23rd-place finish and personal best (22:55.1), while redshirt sophomore Jackie Feist (Beverly Hills, Mich. / Birmingham Groves) placed 32nd with a personal record time of 23:24.7.
- Freshman Teresa Diehl (St. Clair Shores, Mich. / Warren Regina) recorded a personal best and 60th-place finish (24:26.1), and junior Morgan Sawgle (Fostoria, Mich. / North Branch) finished 67th with a season-best time of 24:39.0.
- Sophomore Haley Boccomino (Macomb, Mich. / Center Line) crossed the finish line with a personal record in 25:43.4 to earn 85th place, while senior Leah Coonrod (Kalamazoo, Mich. / Gull Lake) garnered a 92nd-place finish with a season-best time of 26:10.7.
- Sophomore Jayla Fleming (Ypsilanti, Mich. / Oak Park) finished the race with a time of 28:05.0.
- The Warrior will continue the postseason at the NCAA Midwest Regional on Nov. 5 in Evansville, Ind. at Angel Mounds.