EMU Women - Eagles Claim Over Half Their Events at Spartan Invitational
Provided by EMU
EAST LANSING, Mich. (EMUEagles.com)—Eastern Michigan University's women's track and field team completed its two-day competition at Michigan State University's Spartan Invitational, April 4-5. The Eagles came away with six victories between 11 events on both the track and field.
Leading the way on the track was Aaliyah McKinney (South Bend, Ind.-John Adams), who notched the winning time in the 100m. McKinney finished in 12.32, followed by teammate Danielle Clark (Paramaribo, Suriname-Ewald P. Meyer Lyceum), whose 12.43-second finish delivered a 1-2 punch for the Green and White in the event. Coming in just a hair behind the pair was Morgan Yeadon (Indianapolis, Ind.-Pike) in the fourth spot at 12.70. The trio joined forces along with Iesha Hardiman (Santa Clara, Calif.-Adrian Wilcox) to claim titles in both the 4x100m and 4x400m relays. The quartet finished the 4x100m in 46.86 before pacing the team of Sarah Chauchard (Montpellier, France-University of Montpellier), Pauline Chiariglione (Ajaccio, France-University of Nice), Kate Wolanin (Oxford, Mich.-Oxford), and Marina Manjon-Rivadulla (Barcelona, Spain-Escola University) in the 4x400m. The A squad crossed the line at 3:55.87 and was closely trailed by the B team at 3:56.43.
Hardiman also led the Eagles in the 400m dash, coming in at 58.70. In the 200m dash, Tiara Oates (Rochester, Mich.-Stoney Creek) and Natalie Uy (Kettering, Ohio-Fairmont) recorded matching marks of 27.41 to tie for 11th. Wrapping up action on the track, Taylor Knoll (Warren, Mich.-Mott (Lansing CC)) led the way for a trio of Eagles in the 1500m, finishing in 4:46.15.
The Eagles earned three more victories on the track, beginning with Wolanin in the high jump. The senior cleared a height of 1.68 meters/ 5 feet 6.00-inches to take the event. In the long jump, freshman Janina Pollatz (Grandville, Mich.-Grand Rapids, Mich.) recorded a distance of 5.46 meters/17 feet 11.00-inches, while Oates finished one centimeter behind her teammate for the runner-up finish. The squad managed a 1-2-3 finish in the hammer throw, led by Lydia Gomez-Diaz (Tarragona, Spain-IES Collblanc) with a 49.71-meter/163-foot 1-inch launch. Reagan Briggs (Bloomdale, Ohio-Elmwood) took second with a personal-best 44.37 meters/145-07, and Adrienne Waisner (Napoleon, Ohio-Napoleon) rounded out the top-three at 43.05 meters/141-03.
The team will head south to Knoxville, Tenn. for the next round of competition at the Sea Ray Relays Thursday, April 10-Saturday, April 12.
EMU Individual Results (* denotes personal-best)
1. McKinney, Aaliyah 12.32
2. Clark, Danielle 12.43
4. Yeadon, Morgan 12.70
8. Threatt, Tericka 13.31
11. Oates, Tiara 27.41*
11. Uy, Natalie 27.41*
14. DeBardelaben, Makeda 27.67*
2. Hardiman, Iesha 58.70
3. Klimovich, Agata 59.11*
8. Manjon-Rivadulla, Marina 1:01.36*
12. Knoll, Taylor 4:46.15*
24. Quilez-Ribera, Anna 5:00.72*
25. Quaintance, Rebecca 5:02.53*
1. Clark, Yeadon, McKinney, Hardiman 46.86
1. Clark, Yeadon, Hardiman, McKinney 3:55.87
2. Chauchard, Chiariglione, Wolanin, Manjon-Rivadulla 3:56.43
1. Wolanin, Kate 1.68m/5-06.00
8. DeBardelaben, Makeda 1.53m/5-00.25*
13. Coyne, Kristina 1.48m/4-10.25*
3. Braidic, Ellie 3.95m/12-11.50
t-4. Uy, Natalie 3.80m/12-05.50*
10. Pollatz, Janina 3.35m/10-11.75*
1. Pollatz, Janina 5.46m/17-11.00*
2. Oates, Tiara 5.45m/17-10.75
4. DeBardelaben, Makeda 5.17m/16-11.50
8. Uy, Natalie 5.00m/16-05.00*
3. Chauchard, Sarah 11.92m/39-01.25*
14. Chiariglione, Pauline 10.13m/33-03.00*
15. Wolanin, Kate 10.03m/32-11.00*
1. Gomez-Diaz, Lyda 49.71m/163-01
2. Briggs, Reagan 44.37m/145-07*
3. Waisner, Adrienne 43.05m/141-03